Increased demand for palliative care services is predicted due to an ageing population and changing disease trajectories. People are living longer with more complex palliative care needs therefore building capability and capacity is essential to provide quality of care for all at the end of life.
Education is a key element in the move to building capacity and capability in palliative care. In recognition of this THSA has an extensive education program. Many sessions are open to all those in CMDHB involved in the provision of Palliative Care.
Education Program include:
• In-service education sessions
• Genesis oncology breakfast sessions
• HNZ Health Care Assistance workshops
• HNZ Niki T 34 syringe driver workshops
• HNZ Fundamentals of Palliative care modules
• Nurse Forums
• Clinical updates days